Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Starting Over

September 24, 2014...that was the last day that blogged. Way more than 9 months ago. I can't even begin to tell you how much has happened since then. Yes, I'm still here! I have begun to miss writing. As I have said before, I always have stuff swirling around in my head and often I have no outlet. As I read my last insert, I realized it has been to long. It is also nice not to feel pressure either. A desire to write and share has slowly made its way back onto my long list of priorities.

I think blogging was somewhat of a trend I got caught up in because let's face it everyone wants to talk about themselves....so it seemed liked a good idea at the time. Trendy and selfish seem to be all the makings of a people pleasing hobby. Lol. I just wanted people to pay attention to me because I thought I had something darn good to talk about. (As I'm writing this I'm laughing at myself because I can't begin to tell you how true all of this is.)

So, maybe that's why I stopped. Not only because I don't like pressure, but also because I wasn't feeling the self fulfillment that comes from seeing all those people that tune in to see what I have to say. Let's face it I was looking for a way to feel good about myself. Maybe my original motive for creating a blog were less than beneficial for me or anybody else.

So now is time for a do over. What is the true purpose of writing and why do I want to do it and how could it benefit others? I guess venting is an okay reason, except selfish. Proselytizing, but let's face it there are tons of blogs that do that. I think more than anything I want to share life with anyone who wants to share life with me. To relate to people, to reach out, to care. RELATE!

We are not alone! We all struggle, question, pray, get answers. Get no answers. Keep going, keep living, keep working. Keep seeking to find the best life that God has for us! I want to show people that life and help others find it.

So, here's to starting over...again! I'm not going to change my title or theme or anything like that. I'm just going to keep being me! After all I'm still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment